Travel Services CTA Central Travel Accounts
CTA Central Travel Accounts
What is a Central Travel Account (CTA)?
The CTA is a ghost card account with JP Morgan Chase (JPMC) accessible via Workday. The account is set up for departments to use when purchasing air, rail, and bus fare.
What are the Benefits of using a CTA?
- Allows departments to purchase air, rail and bus fares without having to seek reimbursement for individuals.
- Centralizes the booking process within a department, which leads to more efficient and easier verification.
- Program/Project/Gift/Grant accounts are charged directly during the verification process.
- WSU is in control of the ticket prior to the trip, which provides easier management of changes to itinerary.
- Departments/Programs are eligible to accrue reward miles for future travel.
- Personal resources do not have to be used for purchases. Payments prior to a trip are considered an advance per the State and are not allowed to be reimbursed until after the trip. Advances for airfare are prohibited per the State.
How to Get a CTA Account?
Departments must apply for a CTA using a memo to Travel Services containing the following information:
- Department Name
- Department Organization Number
- Department Phone Number
- Department Address
- Contact Person
- Contact Person’s Phone Number
For a sample memo click here.
Guidelines for Using CTA Accounts
Who is authorized to use a CTA account?
- Department personnel authorized by their college/department are allowed to use the CTA.
- Any transaction other than air, rail, or bus fare.
Assignment, Verification and Optional Log-Sheets
- Departments are required to assign and verify all transactions in Workday and maintain an optional log of all transactions made using a CTA account.
- To do this please follow the Reconciling CTA Procedure.
- Steps to Assign a Central Travel Card Transaction
- Ensure purchases are compliant with WSU Business Policies and Procedures.
- Notify Travel Services if there is a change in the primary contact.
- Maintain log sheet and supporting documents for all transactions associated with the purchases made on the CTA, as well as authorized users.
- Timely on-line verification in Workday.
For more information regarding the Central Travel Accounts, please contact Travel Services.