CTA Central Travel Accounts
What is a Central Travel Account (CTA)?
The CTA is a ghost card account with internet-based reconciliation via JP Morgan Chase (JPMC). The account is set up for departments to use when purchasing air, rail, and bus fare.
What are the Benefits of using a CTA?
- Allows departments to purchase air, rail and bus fares without having to seek reimbursement for individuals.
- Centralizes the booking process within a department, which leads to more efficient and easier reconciliation.
- Budgets are charged directly during the reconciliation process.
- WSU is in control of the ticket prior to the trip, which provides easier management of changes to itinerary.
- Personal resources do not have to be used for purchases. Payments prior to a trip are considered an advance per the State and are not allowed to be reimbursed until after the trip. Advances for airfare are prohibited per the State.
How to Get a CTA Account?
Departments must apply for a CTA using a memo to Travel Services containing the following information:
- Department Name
- Department Organization Number
- Department Phone Number
- Department Address
- Contact Person
- Contact Person’s Phone Number
- Default Budget Coding
For a sample memo click here.
Guidelines for Using CTA Accounts
Who is authorized to use a CTA account?
- Department personnel authorized by their college/department are allowed to use the CTA.
- Any transaction other than air, rail, or bus fare.
Reconciliation and Log-Sheets
- Departments are required to reconcile all transactions online and maintain a log of all transactions made using a CTA account.
- To access the online platform, visit the following link: www.paymentnet.jpmorgan.com
- Ensure purchases are compliant with WSU Business Policies and Procedures.
- Notify Travel Services if there is a change in the primary contact.
- Maintain log sheet and supporting documents for all transactions associated with the purchases made on the CTA, as well as authorized users.
- Timely on-line reconciliation.
For more information regarding the Central Travel Accounts, please contact Travel Services.